We’ve had some discussions in class about privacy and security online and how we need to take this into consideration when including technology into the classroom.

This article put out by SecureList states that in June “the education industry accounted for 61 percent of the 7.7 million malware encounters experienced by enterprises in the previous 30 days” (Kaspersky, 2020) .

I decided to take a look at the platform that I am using to create and share my Virtual Breakout Box, Deck.Toys, and see where they sit on the cyber safety scale.

I used the site, Common Sense Education, to see if I can find a review and safety rating for Deck.Toys. Without any luck, I was unable to find a review for this platform. So I decided to explore further.

I was able to find reviews from G2, where people have given Deck.Toys a 4.5 star review. Sadly, it does not go into detail about cyber security.

Exploring further, I was only able to find positive remarks and reviews about this platform. I was unable to find any concerning features in regards to cyber security.

Despite only finding positives, we should still be wary of what we do and use on the internet. Just because it appears safe, we are still taking that risk of a potential online hazard.

I look forward to continuing exploring how I can safely integrate technology into the classroom.